World Human Rights Day

On 10th December, the world celebrates ๐‡๐ฎ๐ฆ๐š๐ง ๐‘๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ๐ฌ ๐ƒ๐š๐ฒ when in 1948, the United Nations General Assembly adopted the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
Pakistan Hindu Council has always believed in the basic declaration of human rights and struggled to protect vulnerable communities by raising voices on all forums available.
Patron-in-chief, Dr. Ramesh Kumar Vankwani who represented the non-muslim community of Pakistan in Suo moto proceedings for Minority Rights in Pakistan by Honourable Justice (R) Tassaduq Hussain Jillani for the 19th June 2014 historical judgement stated,
โ€œEven after 8 years of the verdict by Honourable Justice Jilani, a mere 30% follow-ups has been taken by all the provinces. There is a large gap between State institutions and vulnerable non-muslim communities. The stakeholders have disappointingly failed in upholding the true essence of the great judgment. With 30% of the progress, Pakistan has shown a lot of promise for the patronage of minorities, but the rest 70% can do more if followed in an efficient and effective way.โ€
Mr. Vankwani further said, โ€œOnly those nations truly progress where citizens are equally respected, their rights are protected and law is upheld.โ€
On this #HumanRightsDay letโ€™s pledge to protect our human rights, our freedom to express and our right to live freely.
Pakistan Zindabad!